Problem when creating harmonies

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    ps3-game Index du Forum -> ...::: L'Ambiance ps3-game :::... -> Le coin des comiques
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
JoeClark
rang 6
rang 6

Masculin
Point(s): 78
Moyenne de points: 1,00

MessagePosté le: Jeu 26 Oct - 14:16 (2017)    Sujet du message: Problem when creating harmonies Répondre en citant

The interesting thing about harmonies - 3rds, minor 3rds, 4ths etc - is how they don't follow the exact pattern. I expected the melody lines to be exactly the same (ie: same fretboard pattern) just played in a higher/lower position. It was quite mind blowing to see that they include different intervals. 

I also find it very confusing in working out my own harmonies. 

Let's say I want to harmonise a melody in 4ths and the key is C. I have my initial melody and I now want to harmonise it in 4ths. As I understand it I now have to move up/down in 4ths, as per the C major scale, and play the corresponding notes. 

But what I find hard is I have to keep in mind the note I'm wanting to harmonise (eg: G) but also the parent scale (C). I can't do this mentally or whilst playing my guitar. The only way I am able to work out harmonies is to write out the notes of the scale, locate the current note in the melody on the scale I've just written out, and then - literally - count backwards/forwards. As my example is in 4ths, this means counting up/down 3 notes. 

Is this normal? Does it get any easier? Is there a better way to go about it?

Please help....

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.
References
http://forum.emusictheory.com/read.php?5,49201
Case study examples

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Jeu 26 Oct - 14:16 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    ps3-game Index du Forum -> ...::: L'Ambiance ps3-game :::... -> Le coin des comiques Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Portail | Index | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Digital Dementia © 2002 Christina Richards, phpBB 2.0.6 Version by phpBB-fr-themes